The Sales Engineer (SE) is a member of the Sales Engineering and Sales Support team who is responsible for clearly communicating the various products and technologies currently offered within the Bluebird Network and Bluebird Underground product portfolio during pre- and post-sales customer interactions; also responsible for post-sales customer follow-up interactions to ensure products and/or solutions work as communicated. The SE will also provide technical assistance on day-to-day solutions design and Request for Pricing (RFP) response assistance to the Bluebird Carrier and Enterprise Sales Teams. The SE will be required to regularly engage various members of the Bluebird Engineering and Operations team for collaboration, as needed, prior to communicating with the customer.
This position requires a broad understanding of Bluebird Network’s capabilities, customers, relationships and networking technologies and protocols (SONET, TDM, Ethernet, IP, EoS, MPLS, DWDM, etc.). This position requires strong customer focus, strong organizational, project and matrix management skills and the ability to complete tasks in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
1. Sales Teams technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) for pre- and post-sales.
2. Develop and maintain network documentation as needed that can be used to communicate high-level network designs and concepts to the Network Engineering and Operations and the NSS teams.
3. Collaborate with the Engineering and Operations and NSS teams in support of special projects.
4. Interact regularly with customers, listen to the customer’s needs and recommend products within the Bluebird Network product portfolio that will meet the customer’s needs.
5. Develop network architecture/design for customer project deployments
6. Involved in future technology discussions with both the sales teams and the Bluebird Engineering & Operations team when identifying emerging customer requirements
7. Involved in development, maintaining and training of product guides for the sales team
8. Highly involved with the circuit ordering process
9. Provide support for customer appreciation events and other marketing events
10. Occasional overnight travel in support of customer needs
11. Other tasks as may be needed from time to time
SPECIALIZED KNOW HOW AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Essential knowledge, training and understanding of the following:
· Highly motivated, with the ability to interact with customers and be attentive and responsive to customer needs and concerns.
· An in-depth knowledge of the OSI model (In depth knowledge of Layer 1, 2, and 3 in particular)
· Knowledge of how Ethernet is used in transport networks
· General knowledge of how fiber SFP’s work
· Basic understanding of CLI commands
· General knowledge of Sales Force
· General knowledge of SONET & DWDM technologies
· Customer focus with the desire to exceed the customer expectations
· Strong oral and written communications.
· Strong organizational and presentation skills.
· Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
· General knowledge of the mechanics of Google Earth and/or outside plant tools.
· Nokia NRS-I certification or equivalent certification.
· Knowledge of MEF 3.0 standards.
· MEF CECP 3.0 certification is a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Carrier and Enterprise telecommunications experience is a plus.
· Internet Service Provider experience is a plus.
· Knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) procedures is a plus.
· Ability to multi-task and maintain professional composure in a demanding environment
· Understand Service Level Agreements with customers and Master Service Agreements
Employee - Full Time
commensurate with experience Apply for this Job Online »
Contact this Employer »