We are currently seeking a Part Time Decorative Product Specialist for our Peoria, War Memorial location.
APPLICANTS MUST APPLY IN STORE:
518 E. War Memorial Drive
Peoria, IL 61614
Attn: Greg or Danielle
See job description below:
* Assist sales reps in making decorative product recommendations to customers and resolving
product knowledge questions.
* Assist customers by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services, with
special emphasis on decorative products such as wallcovering, window treatments and floorcovering.
* Conduct wallcovering, window treatment and other seminars as directed by store manager.
* Provide training of other in-store staff regarding the operation of the decorative products
* Handle customer inquiries via the telephone by providing accurate information regarding paint and
decorative products and product applications and process orders received accordingly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES CON�T:
* Maintain the decorative products department in accordance with company standards including instore
displays, POP signage, merchandising programs.
* Maintain wall covering and window treatment libraries, necessary paperwork and lending procedure
* Ensure wall covering, window treatment and floorcovering order forms are properly completed,
place order and follow-up as necessary.
* Assist in sourcing products required by customers that are not available in the store and, upon
approval, place order and follow up as necessary.
* Record information on appropriate forms for proper completion of orders/requests and process in a
* Ensure sales transactions are completed accurately.
* Document and refer potential wholesale leads to manager and/or sales rep.
* Follow pricing guidelines when quoting customers.
* Maintain low price guarantee policy, verifying competitors� prices as needed.
* Ensure customers� quality and service expectations are met.
* Operate the POS for all types of transactions.
* Ensure merchandise has been processed through POS or recorded on manual POST form prior to
merchandise leaving the store.
* Obtain necessary information to open an account or to charge to an existing account.
* Ensure implementation and maintenance of floor pricing updates for all products.
* Provide input regarding inventory levels of in-stock wall covering.
* Identify obsolete/damaged material and communicate to management.
* Locate out-of-stock items as necessary.
* Operate all material handling, tinting, mixing and testing equipment in a safe manner.
* Check incoming orders from vendors against purchase order for accuracy.
* Collect and maintain market information on competitors� prices
* Communicate all customer complaints to store manager to ensure a quick and accurate resolution.
* Maintain facility to S-W standards through proper maintenance, repair and housekeeping.
* Identify facility problems and make recommendations.
* Follow designated loss prevention, security and safety practices according to policy and correct or
report non-compliance of appropriate procedures/policies.
*Must be familiar with the proper, handling, storing, labeling, cleaning up spills, disposing of and
filing all paperwork associated with hazardous material/waste.
* Pull appropriate products from sales floor or warehouse, tint and mix to customer specifications.
* Establish and maintain accurate customer work order files and formulas.
* Assist with physical inventory.
* Assist in making deliveries and warehouse duties as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Employee is required to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50
lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. on occasion. May assist with handling drums of material excess of
* Employee will spend approximately 20% of the day sitting, 25% standing, 45% walking and 10%
stooping, climbing and kneeling.
* Employee is required to tint paint, therefore, must have good color perception.
* In stores where employees may be required to make deliveries, employee must be able to drive a car
* Employee must be able to operate a hand truck and/or material handling equipment in stores
equipped with such equipment.
* Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
* High school education or equivalent is required.
* Ability to work all scheduled hours as needed.
* If employee is required to make deliveries, employee must have a valid driver's license.
* If usage of employee�s own vehicle is required, employee must obtain appropriate insurance as
defined by Corporate Policy.
* Prior sales experience, customer service and/or wallcovering experience is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an employee assigned to this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of an employee so classified. Depending upon an employee�s experience, training and development, more
discretion may be given to carry out the listed duties.
Employee - Part Time
Please see store for more details.
Contact this Employer »